Mark Musser III
With nearly 30 years of experience in the Oracle ecosystem, Mark helps financial services, retail, healthcare, and industrials and manufacturing institutions design and execute technically focused transformational strategies to drive business growth and competitive advantages.
Succeeding with a digital transformation requires a unique blend of bold leadership, executive support, and an organizational change management plan to embrace the change.”
Mark has nearly three decades of Oracle experience, which he draws upon to help clients develop digital solutions to become digital-first organizations. He collaborates with clients to define business requirements and translate their needs into solutions that help the organization realize its overall strategies and initiatives.
During his career, Mark has:
- As chief information officer, led a regional retail grocery chain through 250% revenue growth during a five-year window, including acquisitions, while standardizing enterprise resource planning (ERP) on a common Oracle platform for efficiency.
- Designed and led the execution of an Oracle ERP transformation for a global company with disparate ERP systems, yielding over $38 million in short-term benefits.
- Led a team of over 250 consultants across geographic regions to modernize supply chain processes for a leading global retailer, which yielded a reduction in supply chain complexity and a decrease in overall shipment timing.
- Led the delivery of Oracle Enterprise Performance Management for a global document management company, which resulted in increased accuracy while reducing complexity and time-to-close processes.
Prior to Huron, Mark served as a sales and delivery executive at IBM. Early in his Oracle experience, Mark selected and managed an Oracle e-Business Suite implementation when serving as chief information officer (CIO) for his company, a midsize grocery retailer. Later, he worked for Oracle Corporation in various leadership roles in each of their segments (technology, applications, and a global business unit). He also held the role of senior client partner at Walmart, Oracle business solutions executive at IBM, and principal and global Oracle alliance lead at Capgemini, among other leadership roles throughout his career.
Mark achieved his Bachelor of Science in management and management information systems from Oklahoma State University. He earned Oracle Cloud product certifications in ERP, human capital management (HCM), advertising and customer experience (CX), and platform as a service (PaaS). He holds multiple Association for Supply Chain Management certifications (APICS).
Mark has been named a Top 10 CIO in Retail by Retail Tech Magazine and received the Oracle Extreme Leadership Award, Oracle Club Excellence awards, and IBM Choice awards. He achieved property and casualty insurance licenses for residential and commercial, as well as Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) Series 6 and Series 63 licenses.
Areas of Expertise
- Business Intelligence and Analytics
- Customer Transformation
- Enterprise Performance Management
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Intelligent Automation
- Strategy and Innovation
- Financial Services
- Consumer Products
- Industrials and Manufacturing
Education & Certifications
- B.S., Oklahoma State University