Maureen HydokContact Maureen Hydok
Maureen has more than 35 years of strategic planning experience in the healthcare industry. She has specific expertise in building and leading high-performing cross-functional teams, advising board and C-level executives, negotiating complex contracts and managing high-profile client relationships.
Maureen has nearly four decades of healthcare industry expertise in strategic planning, leading complex engagements, and creating innovative solutions to improve quality and patient satisfaction while decreasing the total cost of care. She has specific expertise in population health management, accountable care organizations (ACOs), Medicare Shared Savings Programs (MSSPs), health information technology (IT), and value-based care clinical optimization and redesign. She has led numerous engagements working with clients to identify how to improve health outcomes by integrating innovative approaches to address social determinants of health (SDoH) and using a solutions-based approached with clients in payor and provider markets to drive improved financial results. Additionally, as leader of Huron’s SDoH project team, she guides complex clinical transformation projects that cover the care continuum for prestigious academic health centers, integrated delivery networks and community hospitals.
Throughout her career, Maureen has:
- Led a value-based care capabilities assessment at a large academic health center that resulted in a three- to five-year strategy road map to develop capabilities to assume risk-based contracts with all payor types.
- Led a care optimization engagement at a community hospital that examined the correlation between clinical care and workforce optimization to develop initiatives that improved patient flow, patient experience and decreased length of stay.
- Led several multidisciplinary clinical optimization assessments within community hospitals, academic health systems and large clinically integrated networks that resulted in operational road maps to implement process improvement initiatives.
Prior to joining Huron, Maureen served as the executive director for clinical transformation at Aetna, where she was accountable for managing the ACO clinical performance and financial risk for approximately $250 million of ACO portfolio clients across the United States.
Maureen holds a Master of Business Administration in healthcare management from the University of Phoenix and a Bachelor of Science in social work and an Associate of Science in nursing from the University of Vermont.
Areas of Expertise
- Performance Improvement
Education & Certifications
- MBA, University of Phoenix
- B.S, University of Vermont
- A.N., University of Vermont
Learn more about Huron's experts.Learn More
Join Our Talent CommunityLearn More