Mike GluhanichContact Mike Gluhanich
Mike has 20 years of experience providing operational leadership and insight to companies facing challenges due to growth, strategic transition or financial distress. He has worked with clients in numerous industries, including automotive, metal fabrication, aerospace and defense, heavy truck, oil and gas, plastics, consumer goods, and food manufacturing, among others.
Mike has two decades of experience developing and executing strategic initiatives focused on manufacturing and supply chain management, cost reductions and liquidity enhancements, acquisitions and divestitures, product launches and plant startups, and operational wind-downs and consolidation.
Throughout his career, Mike has:
- Served as a chief operating officer (COO) and restructuring team member for a $500 million diversified automotive and industrial components manufacturer.
- Performed business assessments to evaluate liquidity outlook and financial forecasts, product line profitability and margin concentration, operational performance, and improvement opportunities for a $400 million steel blanking supplier, a $250 million paper product manufacturer, a $230 million medical supply distributor and a $90 million frozen dessert manufacturer, among others.
- Evaluated the operational turnaround plan and recommended additional improvements for a $75 million manufacturer of metal products for ATMs, commercial trucks and industrial equipment.
- Developed the financial forecast, sensitivity analyses and operational due diligence assessment for a $50 million automotive plant acquisition target of a $330 million diversified manufacturing company.
- Managed the integration of 19 product lines from an existing manufacturing plant into another, resulting in annualized savings of over $2 million.
Prior to joining Huron, Mike held various executive and operational management positions at several middle-market tier-one automotive suppliers.
Mike is a member of the Association for Corporate Growth and Turnaround Management Association.
Mike holds an MBA with highest honors in finance concentration from Oakland University and a bachelor of science in engineering, cum laude, in industrial and operations engineering from the University of Michigan.
Areas of Expertise
- Restructuring and Turnaround
- Industrials and Manufacturing
- Consumer Products
Education & Certifications
- MBA, Oakland University
- Bachelor of Science, Engineering, University of Michigan
- Six Sigma Green Belt, University of Michigan
Learn more about Huron's experts.Learn More
Join Our Talent CommunityLearn More