Neal CottonContact Neal Cotton
Neal has more than a decade of experience helping healthcare institutions implement, optimize, and support Oracle Cerner and supporting technologies. He provides technical and operational assistance to healthcare organizations, ensuring technology alignment with his clients' strategic initiatives and goals.
Embracing technology in alignment with leading-practice workflows drives positive outcomes for patients and providers.”
Neal provides technical and operational expertise to clients to assist in implementing technology solutions, design systems, oversee system builds, develop testing and training strategies, plan support for technology go-lives, and optimize systems after implementation. His Oracle Cerner experience includes the oversight of large-scale complete life cycle implementations, the management of application support teams, and the development of near- to long-term road maps for electronic health record (EHR) and supporting technology.
Across his career, Neal has:
- Led a revenue cycle integration for a nonprofit acute care hospital, optimizing clinical workflows, decreasing contract management variances and thus work queue volumes, and driving a one-time and recurring financial benefit by ensuring alignment with best-practice revenue cycle workflows.
- Led and project managed the integration between Cerner and Medically Home’s Cesia platform for a nonprofit integrated health system, designing third-party integrations to ensure that message and data needs were met; driving the optimization of pharmacy, lab, clinical and provider documentation, and other workflows; and ensuring billing compliance with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid waiver.
- Planned, managed, and implemented an optimization project and pilot at a 500-bed hospital, which led to a 15% decrease in patient transportation turnaround times and a 10% decrease in emergency department (ED) admission metrics.
- Implemented an ED case management early admission process for a nonprofit healthcare system with facilities in nine states, leading to a 30% increase in “right head in the right bed” metrics across the system as well as a decrease in Medicare denials due to inpatient/observation patient status accuracy.
Prior to joining Huron, Neal held various roles at AdventHealth for 10 years, especially focused on patient throughput and the management of Cerner solutions.
Neal holds a Bachelor of Science from Colorado State University Global.
Areas of Expertise
- Data Management and Analytics
- Technology Operations and Strategy
- Technology Media and Telecommunications
Education & Certifications
- B.S., Colorado State University Global
Learn more about Huron's experts.Learn More
Join Our Talent CommunityLearn More