Pam has more than 15 years of experience in healthcare consulting. She has specific expertise in data-driven performance improvement, systems implementation, clinical operations improvement, and new care delivery models for health systems, academic health centers, community hospitals and pediatric hospitals.
For nearly two decades, Pam has led numerous assessment and implementation projects in both clinic and hospital settings to improve care quality and facilitate its integration across settings. She specializes in delivering improvements to key metrics such as length of stay, utilization and cost of care through process, role and technology changes for care management, interdisciplinary communication and care variation management. Additionally, she co-developed Huron’s methodology and tools for the care variation, care transition, patient-centered medical home and continuum care management solutions. She is also a registered nurse and has worked as a clinician in hospitals, nursing homes and clinics.
Throughout her career, Pam has:
- Implemented the clinical and patient acquisition workflows for Huron's acute hospital-at-home offering for a large multihospital system on the West coast.
- Implemented interdisciplinary rounds with a combined in-person and remote approach, interactive performance reporting for accountability, and improved partnerships with post-acute providers, including a warm handoff for patients transferring to a skilled nursing facility (SNF)-level of care at a 400-bed rural academic health center.
- Assessed the complex care coordination capabilities of a large pediatric healthcare organization across primary, specialty, and inpatient care services and developed an implementation plan to improve care access and care coordination roles and processes.
- Implemented improvements to patient placement, observation management, case management, critical care utilization, interdisciplinary rounds, and care variation improvements in sepsis, heart failure, and pneumonia for a 470-plus-bed community hospital.
- Assessed and designed care coordination, behavioral health integration, complex care management and disease management capabilities for a health system with four primary care clinics, a diabetes clinic, a heart failure clinic and a hospital.
- Developed a business plan to establish a regional heart center program for a Northeastern pediatric healthcare organization, including an evaluation of operations in clinic, procedural and inpatient settings.
- Led an operational optimization engagement for a 300-bed community hospital, resulting in improved timeliness of testing for chest pain patients, an established critical care committee, and newly developed criteria for critical, intermediate and telemetry care.
Prior to joining Huron, Pam was a manager in Accenture’s healthcare practice, where she focused on process improvement, organizational redesign, technology planning, and systems design and implementation for both payors and providers. Prior to Accenture, Pam worked as a registered nurse with a focus on neurological and psychiatric nursing.
Pam is a member of the American Organization of Nurse Executives (AONE) and the Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing.
Pam holds a Master of Business Administration from the University of Minnesota and Bachelor of Science in nursing from the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire.