Peter Gernert-DottPh.D., MBA Contact Peter Gernert-Dott
Peter has more than two decades of clinical, administrative and consulting experience working with leading multifacility health systems, academic health centers, community hospitals and pediatric hospitals to improve efficiency and elevate care delivery.
Among the many metrics we track as part of any engagement (e.g., length of stay, readmissions, capacity denials, scheduling lag), the most important one in defining success is the answer 'yes' when our client is asked if they would work with us again. That makes all the difference.”
With more than 20 years of healthcare industry experience across clinical, administrative and consulting roles, Peter works with organizations to transform operational performance. He specializes in guiding healthcare teams through process improvement, staffing realignment, interdisciplinary care coordination, improved capacity utilization and length-of-stay reduction initiatives.
Throughout his career, Peter has:
- Managed and directed large patient throughput improvement projects at hospitals ranging from 250 to over 900 beds, including both adult and pediatric services.
- Implemented integrated care management systems by restructuring department roles, realigning staff, improving utilization review and discharge planning processes, and fostering cross-functional collaboration.
- Improved geographic co-location and patient placement efficiency by reorganizing department roles, streamlining communication, and developing standardized capacity management processes.
Prior to joining Huron, Peter worked as a neuropsychologist and hospital administrator in clinical operations and patient access across acute and post-acute care settings. He is a member of the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) and the American Psychological Association.
Areas of Expertise
- Performance Improvement
- Care Transformation
Education & Certifications
- Ph.D., University at Albany
- MBA, Union College
- B.A., Binghamton University
Learn more about Huron's experts.Learn More
Join Our Talent CommunityLearn More