Robert has 10 years of experience providing compliance, audit and advisory support to multihospital health systems, federally qualified health centers, institutional and retail pharmacies, community hospitals, and physician practices. He has specific expertise in complex healthcare reimbursement, licensing and certification, and structuring and negotiating a variety of transactions, including provider-based conversions, physician practice acquisitions, joint ventures, joint operating agreements, and mergers and acquisitions.
Robert collaborates with healthcare client stakeholders to identify forward-thinking models that meet their financial and operational needs. He has successfully implemented numerous cost-saving initiatives and provided oversight to more than 200 healthcare providers and outpatient facilities throughout the United States. He is also a member of Huron’s nonlabor pharmacy team, where he serves clients as a subject matter expert (SME) on provider-based operations and the requirements for participation in the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) 340B drug pricing program.
Throughout his career, Robert has:
- Served as the project director and 340B SME for a health system with four hospitals during a 340B program audit focused on enhancing internal compliance programs to meet and exceed the expectations of HRSA and Office of Pharmacy Affairs (OPA) for mixed-use settings and contract pharmacy services.
- Served as the project manager and 340B SME during an integrated performance improvement project for an academic medical center in South Carolina that resulted in an additional benefit of $4.3 million, enhanced internal compliance programs and an expansion of its contract pharmacy services program.
- Advised 32 acute care hospitals and assisted in the development of a national strategy for 340B covered entities to utilize third-party administrator software for contract pharmacy operations and split inventory procurement for a national health system in Colorado. The engagement resulted in the implementation of a purchased service and clinical supply model and annual recurring savings and revenue enhancement of more than $100 million.
- Overseen the implementation of $1.5 million in cost savings and revenue enhancement during a 12-month performance improvement engagement for a regional health system in Texas and served as the 340B SME for the enhancement of contract pharmacy services in the surrounding community.
- Served as the project manager and 340B program SME for a $6 million performance improvement engagement at a regional health system in Michigan that focused on enhancing retail pharmacy operations for the use of contract pharmacy services in the surrounding community.
Prior to joining Huron, Robert served as a consultant at Host Pharmaceuticals and Quantum Pharmaceuticals, where he was responsible for the development, branding and licensing of consumer products.
Robert holds a Bachelor of Science in finance and accounting from the Kelley School of Business at Indiana University.