Simar GrewalContact Simar Grewal
Simar has spent more than 20 years helping organizations adapt and transform in response to changes in the energy market. He empowers leaders to assess, resource, and deliver strategic programs that accelerate business objectives and drive sound financial management.
Simar helps global organizations in the oil and gas, utilities, and renewables industries employ digital solutions to transform their operations and improve performance and adapt in response to changes in the energy market. He has overseen teams responsible for the delivery of complex multifunctional projects across multiple geographies and lines of business.
Over the course of his career, he has:
- Identified annual benefits of over $75 million by developing an analytics proof of concept targeting the optimization of field crew work management practices at a Fortune 500 diversified energy producer.
- Overseen the planning and deployment of several cloud-based enterprise performance management systems at a leading North American utility company.
- Enhanced business processes and identified more than $5 million in savings as part of an operating model redesign of the finance and performance management function at a Fortune 500 diversified energy producer.
Prior to joining Huron, Simar served in a finance leadership position at the Consolidated Edison Company of New York. He started his career in consulting and has also held various leadership roles at Deloitte and Accenture.
Simar earned his bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities. He holds a Galileo Master Certificate as a renewable energy expert from the European Energy Centre. Simar also completed the Finance Leadership Program through the Association of International Certified Professional Accountants to become a chartered global management accountant (CGMA).
Areas of Expertise
- Budgeting and Financial Management
- Business Intelligence and Analytics
- Business Planning
- Enterprise Performance Management
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Enterprise Strategy
- Strategic Planning
- Energy and Utilities
Education & Certifications
- B.S., University of Minnesota, Twin Cities
- Galileo Master Certificate, Renewable Energy Expert, European Energy Centre
- CGMA, Finance Leadership Program, Association of International Certified Professional Accountants
Learn more about Huron's experts.Learn More
Join Our Talent CommunityLearn More