Timothy has more than 20 years of experience providing forensic, investigative and financial advisory services to companies, boards of directors, creditors, equity holders and the legal community.
Timothy’s experience includes leading engagements involving misappropriation of funds, fraudulent conveyances, securities and financial statement fraud, Ponzi and pyramid schemes, portfolio company forensic investigations and professional malpractice.
Throughout his career, Timothy has:
- Served as a financial adviser to a payroll processor whose founder defrauded the company and its lenders through a check-kiting scheme resulting in more than $100 million in overdrafts.
- Advised the special counsel to a national homebuilder through an investigation into the facts and circumstances surrounding a failed joint venture valued at over $800 million.
- Served as the financial adviser to counsel to the shareholders of a large pharmaceutical company engaged in opioid-related litigation.
- Served as the financial adviser to the Chapter 11 trustee to one of the largest known Ponzi schemes by number of victims.
- Provided forensic accounting and financial advisory services to a family of hedge fund debtors that reported losses of over $1.5 billion related to investments in a Ponzi scheme.
- Served as the forensic accountant to multiple lenders in connection with hydrocarbon exploration companies.
- Served as the financial accountant to the lender to a pharmaceutical distributor in connection with a refinancing of the lender’s position.
- Assisted counsel in bringing a securities class-action suit against a major investment bank regarding misleading statements concerning mortgage-backed securities.
- Participated in the forensic investigation of one of the largest and most complex accounting frauds in U.S. history.
Prior to joining Huron, Timothy was a managing director at Mesirow Financial. Previously, he was director of corporate recovery at KPMG. Timothy started his career at Arthur Andersen LLP. He is a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute and Turnaround Management Association.
Timothy holds a Bachelor of Arts in accounting from the University of Massachusetts Amherst.