Todd has nearly 20 years of experience in the healthcare industry, working with academic and nonprofit health centers in assessing and driving implementations for performance improvement. He has specific expertise in revenue cycle, clinical and length-of-stay improvement, case management, project management and virtual acute care operations.
Successful transformation begins with leadership and gives a business the ability to own its future.”
Todd has nearly two decades of experience in the healthcare industry, leading assessments and implementation projects to identify main areas of process improvement opportunity, as well as the impact that specific areas of opportunity are having on an organization across patient service, information technology utilization, employee satisfaction, and financial and operational performance. As a senior director within Huron’s healthcare engagement delivery and client services group, he has overseen or participated in more than 110 engagements to develop and refine revenue cycle, clinical operations, and integrated assessment methodology for clients ranging from small community hospitals to large academic health systems.
Throughout his career, Todd has:
- Co-led the rapid implementation and launch of a virtual acute care “hospital-at-home” solution to a large health system in California, including eight rapid response geographies, two command centers and over 100 clinicians trained.
- Co-led an 18-month complex integrated performance improvement engagement with a tri-entity $1.3 billion academic health center in New Mexico, which has implemented over $100 million in annual revenue enhancements and expense savings.
- Supervised the implementation of Huron’s revenue cycle solution, specifically with case management, utilization review and denials management processes at a large academic health system in New York City, resulting in $50 million of annually recurring income statement improvement.
- Co-led a 14-month full-scale performance improvement engagement with a two-facility, $1.3 billion flagship academic health center in central Kentucky, which allowed for the implementation of over $65 million in annualized recurring savings across three core components of academic growth, clinical growth and supply chain optimization.
- Co-developed and led a multiphase one-year assessment for a 53-facility, $13.2 billion national Catholic healthcare system based in the Midwest.
- Developed and led an integrated assessment design and approach for a three-facility, $1.5 billion healthcare system in Philadelphia, involving over seven unique teams and coordination with Huron’s higher education business for cross-sectional scope components.
Todd is a member of the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA).
Todd holds a Bachelor of Science in education and geosciences from Pennsylvania State University.