Tyler has over 25 years of experience advising clients across many industries on the development of major initiatives and compliance programs related to anti-money laundering (AML) and sanctions, risk management and mapping, bankruptcy, and restructuring as well as dispute resolution.
With an ever-changing regulatory environment, a good AML program will empower the bank’s compliance team to effectively identify, manage and report on the intrinsic risk related to money laundering and terrorist financing.”
Tyler has more than two decades of experience solving complex business problems for clients in financial services, energy, healthcare, manufacturing, insurance, industrial services, telecommunications and other industries. He has also worked with many national law firms. His engagements tend to be complex, data-intensive projects where policies, procedures and regulations intersect with information acquisition, management, remediation and analysis.
Tyler brings expertise in Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)/AML compliance. He advises organizations on the risks they face, oftentimes building data and analytics tools to map and understand that risk. Tyler helps bridge the gap between business and technology, helping each side understand the nuances and requirements of the other while harnessing data and emerging technologies to increase organizational effectiveness.
Throughout his career, Tyler has:
- Led the data and technology program related to an East Coast regional bank’s BSA/AML data quality, including the remediation of quality assurance items and implementation of a basic controls program.
- Led an assessment of a West Coast regional bank’s BSA/AML program focused on controls and developed a project plan to address identified issues.
- Led the AML data and technology program for a Big Four U.S. bank’s response to multiple regulatory consent orders, with a focus on risk mitigation, know-your-customer data remediation and BSA/AML data controls.
- Led a data analytics team that analyzed an enterprise resource planning implementation for a Fortune 500 healthcare services company, leading to the identification of inefficiencies in various modules and $6 million in unrealized revenue.
- Specialized in designing and managing banking data systems that streamlined regulatory compliance and improved the customer experience.
- Led data preservation and analytics that are essential for bankrupt estates, restructuring and winding down operations.
- Spearheaded a data and analysis team that collected and analyzed more than 50,000 engagement documents covering an 11-year period in a travel rebate litigation action against a Big Four accounting firm.
- Managed a data analytics team that calculated reinsurance premiums, claims paid and damages on financial annuity products for a Fortune 500 financial services company, leading to an arbitration victory.
Prior to Huron, Tyler was a managing director at Deloitte, leading the U.S. anti-money laundering analytics practice. Before that, he was a senior director at Alvarez & Marsal, a director at FTI Consulting, and a manager at both KPMG and Arthur Andersen.
Tyler holds a bachelor’s degree in business administration from the University of Houston and is a certified fraud examiner.
Areas of Expertise
- Regulatory and Compliance
- Advisory Services
- Business Intelligence and Analytics
- Commercial Dispute Advisory
- Financial Services
- Energy and Utilities
- Professional and Business Services
- Industrials and Manufacturing
- Technology Media and Telecommunications
Education & Certifications
- BBA, University of Houston
- Certified Fraud Examiner