For more than 20 years, Volkan has used both his hands-on and technical expertise to assist clients in developing, implementing and sustaining large strategic IT transformations. His work enables clients to create long-term success while remaining flexible in rapidly changing markets.
Organizational transformation should be planned strategically to prioritize the business, starting first with areas that can make it get or stay competitive.”
For more than 20 years, Volkan has worked with clients to improve organizational effectiveness and efficiency through strategic enterprise systems and IT transformations. His unparalleled knowledge of enterprise systems technology and the methodologies behind them make him an exceptional resource for clients looking to use better business insights to drive performance.
Volkan has extensive experience in managing large programs for global clients of any size across an array of industries, including education, healthcare, biotechnology, aerospace, energy, manufacturing, gaming, entertainment, hospitality and retail. He is also well-versed in leading project teams across service lines, functions and locations.
Throughout his career, Volkan has:
- Managed large-scale IT initiatives for global clients to improve cost control, modernize technology, increase job satisfaction and empower employees to make informed business decisions.
- Trained project managers on the nuances of enterprise performance management, including how to implement and use enterprise collaboration tools.
- Established a performance improvement program to support more than 300 projects across six different service lines.
- Developed a go-to-market strategy to offer project management consulting services for clients in program management, development and coaching.
Prior to joining Huron, Volkan held the role of director of enterprise performance management for ADI Strategies. He also served as a manager for Hitachi Consulting, where he focused on delivery and sales.
Volkan earned a Master of Business Administration from California State University and a Bachelor of Science in industrial engineering from Yildiz Technical University. He holds a project management certification from the Project Management Institute (PMI) and is a PMI agile certified practitioner.
Areas of Expertise
- Enterprise Performance Management
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Technology Operations and Strategy
- Energy and Utilities
- Financial Services
- Life Sciences
Education & Certifications
- MBA, California State University
- B.S., Yildiz Technical University
- Project Management certification, Project Management Institute
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner, Project Management Institute