Scott PolenzContact Scott Polenz
Scott Polenz is an experienced and dynamic speaker within his organization and nationally. His broad background and experience in all aspects of health make him an excellent presenter on a variety of pertinent leadership topics; including but not limited to engagement, leadership, physician relations and onboarding, finance and systemness. Scott has a unique ability to tell stories that apply to everyday leadership and performance.
Scott Polenz has a broad background of over twenty-five years in healthcare; including managed care, small and larger hospital experience, and physician management and relationships. Scott’s hospital experience includes being a CEO and also leading the building of a new micro tertiary hospital built in 2018 for Marshfield Clinic Health System (MCHS). MCHS is a rural integrated health care system with over 1,400 physicians and providers and 14,000 employees serving the rural health care needs of northern, central and western Wisconsin.
In 2019, Scott transitioned from the Chief Administrative Officer of the micro-tertiary hospital to a Vice President of Physician and Clinical Practitioners Relations, which oversees recruitment, onboarding, medical staff relationships, and care retention. In addition, Scott leaders MCHS’s overall Engagement Journey in a partnership with Huron.
Scott’s strengths include strategy, team building, and physician and leader relationships. His education includes an MBA as well as being a CPA.
Areas of Expertise
- Business Operations
- Organizational Transformation
- Member, American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE)
Education & Certifications
- Master of Business Administration, Edgewood College, Madison, WI
- Bachelor of Business Administration – Finance | Marketing, University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire, Eau Claire, WI
- Fellow of American College of Healthcare Executives
- Certified Public Accountant
- Speaker at AMGA, Becker’s, and Physician Relations Summit
Speaking Topics List
- Employee Attraction and Engagement
- Executive Leadership
- Organizational Culture
- Physician Alignment and Engagement
The Be’s Of Successful Leadership
The Be’s of Successful Leadership is a discussion of the key attributes of being an authentic leader. The session will include Scott’s Be’s of Leadership, why they are important, and how and why they drive results in your organization. The session will include a discussion on developing your own list of “Your Leadership Be’s” to take your leadership style to the next level.
- Learn key attributes of being a successful leader.
- Develop your own list of the “Be’s” of successful leadership.
Trust In Leadership: How to Live & Lead Trust Every Day
Trust is hard to define but you know it when you see and feel it. In the ever-changing and dynamic health care market, leaders more than ever need to be trusted by their teams. Learn the three key attributes of trust in this dynamic and interactive session.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of the key attributes of trust in leadership, including empathy, authenticity, and logical decision making and communications.
- Interact with Scott on the key attributes of trust by looking at your key relationships within your teams and how to build trust for today and tomorrow.
Systemness: How to Think and Succeed as a System
As health care organizations merge and partner, bringing the whole System together is much more challenging and mission critical. Learn how one organization is developing Systemness strategies to help leaders, physicians and staff think more as a System vs. their special departments or hospitals or regions. Scott will share Systemness strategies that focus on trust, relationships, engagement and alignment.
- Learn specific strategies of Systemness to bring the organization together.
- Develop a different mindset and approach to bring your System together as one.
Learn more about Huron's experts.Learn More
Join Our Talent CommunityLearn More