Scott Polenz is an experienced and dynamic speaker within his organization and nationally. His broad background and experience in all aspects of health make him an excellent presenter on a variety of pertinent leadership topics; including but not limited to engagement, leadership, physician relations and onboarding, finance and systemness. Scott has a unique ability to tell stories that apply to everyday leadership and performance.
Scott Polenz has a broad background of over twenty-five years in healthcare; including managed care, small and larger hospital experience, and physician management and relationships. Scott’s hospital experience includes being a CEO and also leading the building of a new micro tertiary hospital built in 2018 for Marshfield Clinic Health System (MCHS). MCHS is a rural integrated health care system with over 1,400 physicians and providers and 14,000 employees serving the rural health care needs of northern, central and western Wisconsin.
In 2019, Scott transitioned from the Chief Administrative Officer of the micro-tertiary hospital to a Vice President of Physician and Clinical Practitioners Relations, which oversees recruitment, onboarding, medical staff relationships, and care retention. In addition, Scott leaders MCHS’s overall Engagement Journey in a partnership with Huron.
Scott’s strengths include strategy, team building, and physician and leader relationships. His education includes an MBA as well as being a CPA.
Areas of Expertise
- Business Operations
- Organizational Transformation
- Member, American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE)
Education & Certifications
- Master of Business Administration, Edgewood College, Madison, WI
- Bachelor of Business Administration – Finance | Marketing, University of Wisconsin – Eau Claire, Eau Claire, WI
- Fellow of American College of Healthcare Executives
- Certified Public Accountant
- Speaker at AMGA, Becker’s, and Physician Relations Summit
Speaking Topics List
- Employee Attraction and Engagement
- Executive Leadership
- Organizational Culture
- Physician Alignment and Engagement