Shiyen ShuMSc.OT, H.BSc., PMP, CYT Contact Shiyen Shu
Shiyen is a highly regarded and in-demand speaker, thought leader and certified executive coach, with a passion for serving the healthcare industry and developing our best leaders. She leaves her audience inspired, yet comfortably uncomfortable, so as to provoke thought for deeper insight, awareness, and growth.
Shiyen started her career on the frontlines as an Occupational Therapist, serving some of the most vulnerable populations, and quickly progressed to leadership roles, leading strategic projects and large teams. As the host and curator of the first of its kind show “Lessons in Leadership and Life”, she has created a valued resource of leadership lessons for healthcare leaders. As a professional speaker, she has shared the stage with legendary leaders such as Jack Canfield (co-author of Chicken Soup for the Soul series).
Prior to joining Huron, Shiyen founded Dream Dare Lead Inc., an organization committed to helping create better leaders in the healthcare industry. She draws upon her unique skill set of certifications in executive coaching, leadership and organizational development, project management, neuroscience, cognitive-behavioral therapy, yoga and meditation, to create a truly holistic and empowering approach.
Areas of Expertise
- Business Operations
- Organizational Transformation
- Strategy and Innovation
- President-Elect, The Ontario Society of Occupational Therapists Board
- Executive Coach & Facilitator, Canadian College of Health Leaders
- Mentor, Toronto Region Immigrant Employment Council
- Adjunct Lecturer, University of Toronto
Education & Certifications
- Certified Executive Coach
- Certified Visionary Leadership Coach
- Certified LEADS Coach & Facilitator
- MSc.OT, University of Toronto
- Hon.BSc(Kin), McMaster University
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Certified Yoga and Meditation Teacher (CYT)
- Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy Certification
- Positive Intelligence Coach Training
- Certified Neuroscience of Change Coach
- Certified Reiki Practitioner
Speaking Topics List
- Change Management & Leadership
- Employee Attraction and Engagement
- Executive Leadership
- Organizational Culture
- Resilience and Well-Being
- Strategy and Innovation
Becoming the Leader You Want to Be in This VUCA World
In this volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous environment, how does one continue to be the person and leader that they want to be? This session is for those who want to win big in life and take responsibility to create their own destiny.
- Help you become the person and leader you want to be in this VUCA environment
- Help you and your teams use structure to create positive change
Own your Time: Productivity Secrets for Success
Everyone starts with the same number of hours – so why do some people seem to get so much more done? Best practices for time management vary from person to person based on their own unique combination of day-to-day demands. But regardless of one's personal work situation, an inability to manage time and energy can leave them feeling stressed, overwhelmed and unproductive. This workshop offers practical techniques that leaders can put to immediate use to gain control over their day, manage interruptions and distractions, and thus increase their productivity and success.
- Leaders will learn practical techniques and strategies to increase productivity for success
- Leaders will get clarity on their values & degree of alignment to their work, priorities, and goals
- Leaders will be able to identify tasks that are hindering their progress towards their goals & beat procrastination
Executive Presence: The “It” Factor
Successful leaders know how to have an impact and influence. Great leaders know how to inspire others to get excited about their vision and come along on the journey. In short, the best leaders display executive presence. Executive presence is also known as the missing link between merit and success. It is said that leaders who don't have executive presence will not progress in their careers despite having the necessary experience & qualifications. In this workshop, leaders will have an opportunity to gain a deeper understanding and awareness of their best self and begin to develop their executive presence.
- Leaders will gain a deeper understanding of their best self
- Leaders will be able to define & articulate their presence & alter the desired impact on others
- Leaders will learn practical strategies to enhance their presence
I was fortunate to attend not one but two of Shiyen’s sessions. Shiyen is brilliant with her content and the style of delivery. She leaves you in a state where you want the conversations to continue for a longer time. The powerful tips she shared are forever to keep and take advantage of in the professional journey. Highly recommend!”
We just had Shiyen deliver a keynote and it was very useful and helpful. It got all of us reflecting on what we can do for ourselves and our organization, and based on the reception, it was very well received and quite exceptional. It was really eye-opening. She appreciates the complexity of what we are dealing with as healthcare leaders.”
I felt energized after the session and excited to start implementing some of the suggestions. The session was a big confidence boost. It was a very thought-provoking session, unlike any I’ve participated in before- so thank you!”
Please note that testimonials or endorsements found on this website do not constitute a guarantee, warranty, or prediction regarding the outcome of any services provided by Huron. Prospective clients may not obtain the same or similar results.
Available to Purchase
Best sellers, leadership development, team development, patient and employee engagement, and more.Visit Our Amazon Bookstore
Learn more about Huron's experts.Learn More
Join Our Talent CommunityLearn More