The FAFSA Simplification Act represents the most significant overhaul of the processes and systems used to award federal student aid in the last several decades. View this recording to hear Huron experts discuss ways colleges and universities can proactively plan for changes in the following areas:
- Student and parent communication: Develop a proactive communications plan rooted in transparency, rather than perfection, to position your institution as the authoritative source for information.
- Technology and operations: Educate IT staff about the FAFSA changes and work collaboratively to define technical specs for revising internal systems and reporting.
- Financial impact: Use data tools to assess the impact of the new Student Aid Index on students’ aid eligibility and net tuition revenue.
- Retention and institutional priorities: Consider ways to support retention and how they intersect with existing strategic or operational plans.
- Leadership and exchange management: Determine a campus-wide governance structure that allows for agility and timeliness of decision making.