The bedrock of any higher education institution is its portfolio of academic offerings. One of the most crucial decision making factors students consider when evaluating their enrollment options, a balanced portfolio is also critical for attracting aligned faculty and staff and delivering high-quality teaching, scholarship, and research.
In this webinar with Inside Higher Education, academic leaders discuss how academic portfolio analysis can provide an understanding of an institution’s market position and opportunities for future success.
Moderated by Huron’s Ben Chrischilles and Rosemarie Martinelli, Dr. Lance Tatum, president of Northwest Missouri State University and former senior vice chancellor for Academic Affairs and chief academic officer at Troy University, and Dr. Christine Siegel, provost at Fairfield University, discuss ways to leverage academic portfolio design to drive market alignment and impact.
This webinar explores paths for future growth and innovation that support student enrollment and financial sustainability goals, including:
- Using diagnostic analyses as pivot points.
- Examining how costs, market position, and institutional context intersect.
- Providing faculty and academic leadership with valuable data.
- Nesting the process in prioritized institutional values, such as DEI, student achievement, community, and market needs.
- Tying your academic portfolio strategy to your enrollment and student success strategies.
- Identifying new programs and partnership opportunities that leverage institutional strengths.