Rosemaria MartinelliContact Rosemaria Martinelli
With more than two decades of higher education leadership experience, Rose helps campus leaders with strategic projects that support the mission of their institutions, including strategic planning, exploring new revenue opportunities, enhancing student success, improving academic operations, assessing technology, and analyzing data.
Listening across the organization is a critical first step in creating a vision for the future.”
Rose advises higher education leaders on complex strategic projects that enable institutions to meet the needs of their faculty, staff, and students in a rapidly changing world. She focuses her work on developing a shared understanding among diverse campus stakeholders regarding the challenges and opportunities that confront our institutions. Rose brings a collaborative, evidence-based approach to assisting and supporting leaders in successfully navigating change within the context of their missions.
Across her career, Rose has:
- Led a strategic budget initiative for a public research university in New York, designed to engage the campus community to optimize opportunities for new revenue, reduce expenses, and streamline common processes. More than 300 faculty and staff members were engaged in the project, which identified $15 million in savings and millions of dollars in new resource opportunities.
- Led the consolidation of two separate student support services from two public educational institutions into the formation of a single public research university with multiple campuses, designing and implementing a one-stop service center with multiple hubs to support a diverse and dispersed student body.
- Managed cross-campus initiatives at a public research university in Texas, including converting the campus to online learning over three weeks due to COVID-19; improving data management, systems, and governance; revising sexual misconduct policies and practices; and analyzing and developing pathways to address challenges regarding graduate student compensation, enhancing financial aid and student success efforts, and convening groups to update campus policies.
Prior to rejoining Huron, Rose served as vice president for strategic initiatives at Stony Brook University. Before that, she held the role of chief of staff to the executive vice president and provost at The University of Texas at Austin. Previously, she served as senior director at Huron and in leadership positions at The University of Chicago and the University of Pennsylvania.
Rose earned her executive Master of Business Administration from The University of Chicago. She holds a bachelor’s degree and master’s degree from Northwestern University.
Rose is a founding and current board member of the Forté Foundation.
Areas of Expertise
- Academic Affairs
- Business Unit Strategy
- Strategic Planning
- Strategy and Innovation
- Student Lifecycle Management
Education & Certifications
- MBA, The University of Chicago
- M.M., Northwestern University
- B.M., Northwestern University
- Training Program for Opera, Academy of Vocal Arts
Learn more about Huron's experts.Learn More
Join Our Talent CommunityLearn More