Webinar: How the MD Anderson Cancer Center Optimized Business Processes Using PeopleSoft
Optimize Your Business Processes Using PeopleSoft Functionality for Financial and Personnel Actions
Huron and our MD Anderson Cancer Center (MDACC) discussed the evolution of a comprehensive solution built within PeopleSoft using PeopleTools as well as financial and personnel actions.
This solution dramatically improved MDACC's ability to perform funding changes, transfer costs (both personnel and non-personnel), and personnel actions by leveraging existing PeopleSoft functionality. The result was a dramatic reduction in errors and improved process efficiency through:
- Elimination of duplicate data entry, spreadsheets and paper forms
- Field-level edit checks, validation of chart fields, and verification of combo edits and project edits such as activity end date
- Criteria-based workflow automation for review and approval
In one case, Funding Entry cycle time, from initiation to final approval, was reduced from 14.75 days to 1.7 days.
The ePAF solution provides the following key functionality:
- Personnel Expenses: Funding Entry and Direct Retros
- Personnel Actions
- Non-Salary Cost Transfers
Since Huron's close partnership with MDACC, we have refined our financial and personnel actions solution for easier transferability to institutions with similar objectives.
Receive the latest insights and news from Huron’s transformation experts.