Alexander is a senior partner at Innosight, Huron’s strategy and innovation business. Based in Switzerland, he has over 22 years of experience in strategy consulting and has advised leading European businesses across a variety of sectors in developing and implementing successful growth and innovation strategies.
Alexander has more than two decades of experience helping clients in the service, transportation, and consumer and industrial goods sectors identify new growth strategies in today’s more complex ecosystems. With deep expertise in strategy and leadership development, he supports clients in the decision-making process while developing long-term growth strategies and new competencies for rapid and effective implementation.
Over his career, Alexander has:
- Led multiple strategic and operational transformations in a variety of industries, such as packaging, food and beverage, fashion and luxury goods, small-space retail, oil and gas downstream business, construction equipment and building materials, and general business-to-business service, as well as airlines, airline ancillary services and airports.
- Developed core competencies in corporate and business unit strategy (including consumer, marketing and distribution strategies), business portfolio optimization, digital transformation programs, innovation strategies (diagnostic, portfolio and capability development), creative strategy development, operational improvement programs, service strategies and organizational effectiveness.
- Honed expertise in corporate venturing capital, with several publications and collaboration programs with the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich.
- Coached and supported startups and emerging companies.
Prior to Innosight, Alexander was a managing partner at EY-Parthenon for five years, founding and building the firm in central Europe, and a partner at Bain & Company for 16 years, where he was a thought leader in the global strategy and innovation practice, responsible for creative strategy development capabilities.
Alexander earned an engineering diploma degree from the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich (ETH) and a Master of Science in advanced manufacturing systems from Brunel University London. He also holds a Master of Business Administration with honors from Columbia Business School in New York.
Areas of Expertise
- Innovation and Commercialization
- Enterprise Strategy
- Performance Improvement
- Consumer Products
- Energy and Utilities
- Industrials and Manufacturing
- Professional and Business Services
- Transportation and Logistics
Education & Certifications
- MBA, Columbia Business School
- M.S., Brunel University London
- Dipl. Ing., Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich (ETH Zurich)