Aaron is a C-suite executive and a nationally recognized restructuring and turnaround professional with more than 20 years of management and operations experience with an emphasis in corporate finance, business development, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), and restructuring. He has served in multiple leadership roles, including as a general manager with direct profit and loss responsibility, a chief restructuring officer and an interim chief financial officer.
Aaron has significant crisis management expertise, helping organizations navigate operational and financial challenges, evaluating executive teams, working directly with boards of directors, and managing and negotiating with diverse lender groups in workout situations. He has firsthand knowledge of the challenges and critical issues facing senior management teams considering or executing restructuring and turnaround plans.
During his career, Aaron has:
- Advised management teams and lender groups and held key management positions across industries, including retail; technology, media and telecommunications; defense and government contracting; logistics; industrial manufacturing; and healthcare.
- Served as a chief restructuring officer for organizations across industries, working with boards and management teams to successfully restructure debt and improve liquidity.
- Advised the management team and financial sponsor for a major laminate flooring manufacturer on the creation of a business plan for a new product line contributing $25 million to $50 million in incremental EBITDA and identified over $30 million in annual cost savings initiatives.
- Advised the lenders and management team of a major steel manufacturer, assisting with liquidity and vendor management to bridge the company to a refinancing.
- Led the post-Chapter 11 restructuring efforts to identify and divest noncore assets to improve a major telecommunications company’s financial strength and competitive position within the industry.
- Served as an expert witness regarding valuation for a group of ad hoc noteholders in a major oil and natural gas company’s bankruptcy.
Aaron previously served as a managing director in the restructuring and turnaround practice at Loughlin Management Partners (LM and Co). Prior to LM and Co, he was the founder and principal of A-K Partners, which provided operational performance assistance, M&A advisory services and post-acquisition integration to operating companies, lenders and private equity firms. He has also served as the head of corporate development and M&A for the RCN Corporation, one of the nation’s largest overbuilders of broadband telecommunications services.
Aaron holds an Master of Business Administration with honors in finance and accounting from the Simon Business School at the University of Rochester, a master’s degree in engineering management from the Missouri University of Science and Technology (formerly the Missouri School of Mines and Metallurgy) and a bachelor’s degree in politics and economics from the United States Military Academy at West Point.
Areas of Expertise
- Restructuring and Turnaround
- Industrials and Manufacturing
- Consumer Products
- Energy and Utilities
- Financial Services
- Technology Media and Telecommunications
- Transportation and Logistics
Education & Certifications
- MBA, University of Rochester
- M.S., Missouri University of Science and Technology
- B.S., United States Military Academy at West Point
- Certified insolvency and restructuring advisor (CIRA)
- Certification in distressed business valuation (CDBV)