Bill transforms colleges, universities, and academic health centers by innovating how they deliver services to advance their academic, research, and clinical mission. With over 25 years of experience in accounting, finance, and Oracle products, he helps clients develop strategies and implement and support cloud technologies that drive efficiency and effectiveness.
Positive transformation occurs as a result of a shared vision and joint execution of organizational-readiness activities that promote self-sufficiency across administrators, faculty, staff, and students.”
Bill guides education, healthcare, and public sector institutions through digital transformation, strategy development, and business process optimization. He brings more than 30 years of experience in accounting, a deep background in public sector business practices, and 25 years of experience in Oracle products spanning multiple Oracle families and industries.
During his career, Bill has:
- Provided hands-on oversight for a citywide initiative to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and transparency through the implementation of the Oracle Cloud Applications suite, including enterprise resource planning (ERP), human capital management (HCM), and budgeting. The phased deployment enabled the city to deploy leading business practices to improve productivity, deliver higher-quality services, and support better decision making in the areas of finance, procurement, project/grants management, personnel administration, talent management, benefits, payroll, financial reporting, and budgeting.
- Sponsored and directed a Midwestern county in replacing PeopleSoft on-premise applications with Oracle Cloud Financials, Budgeting, and HCM Cloud Applications to standardize and streamline its business processes across all county departments and agencies. The project included the automation of manual functions, the elimination of paper records and duplicate systems, access to timely information to help make informed decisions to reduce costs, improved data integrity, and the achievement of organizational and financial transparency.
- Sponsored and directed the effort at a municipality to improve operational effectiveness and innovation through the replacement of the city’s systems with Oracle Cloud Applications. As a result of this systems implementation, manual business processes were enhanced and automated, disparate systems were integrated, data integrity improved, end users were empowered through more informed decisions, and public confidence in city operations was enhanced.
- Provided strategic leadership in deploying Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) at a tier-one research (R1) university. The deployment significantly reduced the level of customization required to achieve requirements by conducting business process reengineering focused on adopting standard Oracle features.
- Led a business process reengineering and change management effort for a renewable energy research and development center, deploying Oracle EBS and implementing business processes, configurations, and workflows that streamlined reporting to government agencies while improving the accuracy of reported results.
- Directed an Oracle EBS upgrade for a medical device business, including implementing self-service human resources, to provide process efficiencies in benefit enrollment and employee administration.
Prior to Huron, Bill served as VP of Oracle Cloud solutions at Sierra-Cedar. He has also held leadership and consulting positions at Oracle, Project Partners, DAZ Systems, Solbourne Computer, KPMG, and Houston Lighting & Power Co. (now Reliant Energy).
Bill earned his bachelor’s degree of business administration in accounting from Northwood University. He is licensed as a certified public accountant by the state of Texas.
Areas of Expertise
- Business Operations
- Change Management and Leadership
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Managed Services
- Public Sector
Education & Certifications
- BBA, Northwood University
- Certified Public Accountant