James HillenmeyerContact James Hillenmeyer
James has more than 17 years of performance improvement consulting experience across a diverse range of healthcare settings, including academic health centers and large health systems, community hospitals, and physician groups. He is a member of Huron’s performance improvement leadership team and manages the firm’s revenue cycle technology strategy.
James is a healthcare performance improvement expert who collaborates with health systems across the U.S. through large-scale transformation, automation and technology integration initiatives. He has helped healthcare organizations ranging in size from $30 million to over $10 billion in net patient revenue to design and implement solutions to improve patient access and accounting, health information management, clinical documentation, case management and revenue cycle operations.
James brings deep technical expertise to his client work, having guided organizations through successful healthcare information systems (HIS) conversions, robotic process automation (RPA) implementations and advanced analytics strategies.
Throughout his career, James has:
- Led the revenue cycle, charge capture and clinical documentation improvement transformation for a large public health system, delivering more than $200 million in annual recurring benefit.
- Managed a team of over 50 consultants through a revenue cycle performance improvement initiative for a 12-hospital, 200-clinic health system and 200,000-member health plan.
- Helped a large multihospital health system navigate its initial RPA implementation, executing bot automations across several revenue cycle functions.
James is a member of numerous professional associations, including the Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA), the Nashville Health Care Council and the Leadership Health Care Forum.
Areas of Expertise
- Performance Improvement
Education & Certifications
- MBA, Northwestern University
- B.S., Vanderbilt University
Learn more about Huron's experts.Learn More
Join Our Talent CommunityLearn More