Lauren has nearly 20 years of experience serving universities, academic health centers and nonprofit entities on a variety of engagements focused on aligning their mission with operations. She has specific expertise leading transformative administrative and student services reviews, developing enrollment and retention strategies, and optimizing customer relationship management (CRM) systems.
For nearly two decades, Lauren has been helping institutions enhance their student lifecycle management through aligned strategy, operations and technology. She has led organizational assessments and created financial models for a wide range of clients, including community colleges, midsize and large private institutions, and single-campus and systemwide public universities. She has specific expertise in developing enrollment services models and infrastructure road maps to improve operational efficiencies and increase revenue.
Throughout her career, Lauren has:
- Led efforts to develop comprehensive strategic enrollment management plans for private, public and multicampus organizations.
- Developed an infrastructure road map to support nontraditional graduate programs at a midsize private institution.
- Provided advisory services related to a student success planning effort for a systemwide restructuring effort, including engaging more than 20 institutions.
- Analyzed student engagement data to leverage new systems for engaging existing students and prospects for multiple institutions.
- Led the creation of a cost-to-educate model for a private, undergraduate-focused institution.
- Managed a strategic positioning exercise for a large community college in the Southeast with the goal of maximizing funding model inputs as well as providing exceptional student services for the community population.
- Completed a financial aid operations and compliance review at a large community college system, identifying opportunities for shared operations as well as new processes to mitigate risks and ensure compliance with federal, state and system policies.
In addition to student lifecycle management, Lauren has specific expertise in strategic planning development. Recently, she has:
- Managed the development of a new strategic plan for a STEM-focused public institution in the Southeast, resulting in four primary goals and nearly 30 priority actions to realize this vision.
- Led the efforts to build an administrative service center to support a higher education system with more than 40 individual institutions.
- Assisted a private research institution in creating a five-year strategic plan for its biosciences research infrastructure and building.
Prior to joining Huron, Lauren served as senior consultant at a business process outsourcing firm working with higher education clients to outsource enrollment management administrative functions.
Lauren holds a Bachelor of Science in management from Tulane University.