Nate HainesContact Nate Haines
Nate has more than 20 years of experience working with higher education and healthcare organizations. He specializes in sponsored and clinical research administration and has worked with more than 50 clients including research universities, academic medical centers, children’s hospitals, and other research-intensive organizations.
Leading change is about building relationships, trust, and communication.”
For more than two decades, Nate has drawn upon his expertise in sponsored and clinical research administration to help higher education and healthcare organizations improve service to principal investigators, manage risk, reduce administrative burden, and plan for the future.
Throughout his career, Nate has:
- Conducted more than 30 research administration assessments with a focus on evaluating current-state business processes, technology, team structures, and performance metrics.
- Collaborated with clients on large-scale efforts to implement new operating models, grants and clinical trials management technology, process improvements, and managed services.
- Served in a variety of interim research administration leadership roles at Carnegie tier-one research institutions and has experience that spans pre-award, post-award, clinical trials, human subjects, animal subjects, and research compliance.
Nate started his career at Arthur Andersen and was one of Huron’s founding members in 2002. He also spent seven years working for Russell Reynolds Associates, where Nate was a trusted strategic adviser to the board of directors and executive leadership teams on projects involving executive search, team effectiveness, talent assessment, talent development, and succession planning. At Huron, Nate has held multiple internal leadership roles and played an active role in helping to build Huron’s culture and develop its next generation of leaders.
While at the University of Iowa, Nate earned a bachelor’s degree of business administration in finance and was nominated for a Hancher-Finkbine Award. He holds a Master of Business Administration with honors from Northwestern University’s Kellogg School of Management.
Nate is a member of the American Cancer Society’s Minneapolis-Saint Paul chapter of CEOs Against Cancer. He has presented at dozens of industry conferences and has written articles published by the National Council of University Research Administrators, the Society of Research Administrators International, the Journal of Clinical Research Best Practices, and Harvard Business Review.
Areas of Expertise
- Advisory Services
- Managed Services
- Organizational Transformation
Education & Certifications
- MBA, Northwestern University
- BBA, University of Iowa
Learn more about Huron's experts.Learn More
Join Our Talent CommunityLearn More