Nicole OeserContact Nicole Oeser
Nicole has more than 25 years of combined experience in business applications and process consulting for higher education and certified public accountant (CPA), audit and tax experience with global enterprises. She specializes in Oracle Cloud implementation, enterprise resource planning (ERP), portfolio management, process optimization, service delivery and strategic planning.
Nicole has more than two decades of combined experience in business applications and process consulting for higher education and certified public accountant (CPA), audit and tax experience with global enterprises. She has managed complex initiatives, including enterprise resource planning (ERP), portfolio management, process optimization and strategic planning across a wide range of business sectors. She has specific expertise partnering with Oracle development teams to define requirements for Oracle Cloud software enhancements and solutions for higher education research institutions.
Throughout her career, Nicole has:
- Served as program director for a private research university’s business transformation and Oracle Cloud implementation, where she oversaw the transformation of finance, human resources, procurement and grants business processes, including role redesign, change management and service delivery.
- Led a team of over 300 to launch a major research university’s Oracle Cloud implementation program in less than two years, delivering all new business processes under budget using a highly successful change management program, consultants from multiple vendors, and university staff and interns.
- Led a legal separation for a major university and its health center, where she oversaw the inventory and assessment of shared business applications and its disposition.
- Developed business cases for ERP implementation, including vendor evaluation, capital and ongoing cost assessment, identification of hard and soft dollar benefits, and alignment with strategic plan.
Prior to joining Huron, Nicole served in various leadership roles at Vanderbilt University (VU), including senior director in the division of finance, director of IT enterprise delivery and lead IT relationship manager.
Nicole is a frequent speaker on university business transformations in the cloud, including Oracle OpenWorld and HEUG/Alliance conferences and webinars.
Nicole holds a bachelor’s degree in accountancy and a master’s degree in accountancy from the University of Mississippi and is a certified public accountant in Tennessee.
Areas of Expertise
- Enterprise Resource Planning
Education & Certifications
- M.A., University of Mississippi
- B.A.., University of Mississippi
- Certified Public Accountant, Tennessee
Learn more about Huron's experts.Learn More
Join Our Talent CommunityLearn More