Rob has nearly 20 years of experience providing forensic accounting, litigation, and restructuring consulting services. He assists clients facing complex and highly sensitive matters, including allegations of financial crimes such as securities and financial statement fraud, the misappropriation of funds, bribery and corruption, Ponzi schemes, and tracing funds in associated money laundering investigations.
Arming clients with an accurate understanding of the facts is essential to managing financial disputes effectively.”
For nearly two decades, Rob has helped guide clients in industries such as healthcare, pharmaceuticals, financial services, retail, real estate, and government agencies through complex fraud and financial crime investigations and litigation analyses. He has served as an expert or consulting witness in a range of litigation matters, including shareholder disputes, breach of contract claims, wage and hour disputes, ability to pay, and the analysis of economic damages.
His engagements typically involve working closely with attorneys and clients to evaluate allegations of fraud or financial crimes, quantify economic damages, and craft effective presentations of findings to the end user. He also works with other parties (e.g., management teams, lenders, outside investors) to strengthen internal control environments to reduce the risk of losses associated with fraud or other impermissible activities.
Throughout his career, Rob has:
- Assisted multiple federal law enforcement and regulatory agencies with financial analyses in support of investigations and trial preparation for various alleged financial crimes, such as securities fraud, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) violations, Medicare fraud, and other violations.
- Conducted a forensic investigation into allegations of campaign finance violations by a regional healthcare provider and presented the investigation findings to federal regulators.
- Been retained as an expert witness by defense counsel to conduct a detailed asset tracing investigation in a multimillion-dollar “bust-out” scheme, which resulted in a significant decrease in the government’s loss calculation.
- On behalf of the Chapter 7 trustee, investigated a multimillion-dollar Ponzi scheme perpetrated by the principal of multiple debtor entities. The investigation led to the recovery of millions of dollars in investor funds and a subsequent guilty plea by the principal.
Prior to joining Huron, Rob served as senior manager in the dispute consulting practice at Stout Risius Ross. Previously, he held the role of senior manager in the corporate recovery services practice of CBIZ MHM, a national accounting firm.
Rob earned his Bachelor of Science in public accounting from Fordham University. He is certified as a fraud examiner, a financial crime specialist, a cryptocurrency expert, and an insolvency and restructuring adviser.
Rob is a co-chair of the Association of Certified Financial Crime Specialists’ New York chapter and vice president of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners’ Connecticut chapter. He is also a member of the Association of Insolvency & Restructuring Advisors. Rob has contributed articles to the American Bankruptcy Institute and other industry publications and is a frequent speaker on financial crime and other financial matters.
Areas of Expertise
- Advisory Services
- Commercial Dispute Advisory
- Regulatory and Compliance
- Financial Services
- Life Sciences
Education & Certifications
- B.S., Fordham University
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certified Financial Crime Specialist (CFCS)
- Certified Cryptocurrency Expert (CCE)
- Certified Insolvency and Restructuring Advisor (CIRA)