Russ HoffmanPMP, CSM Contact Russ Hoffman
Russ has more than 18 years of international consulting experience with a focus on costing and profitability solutions. During his career he has worked with multiple industries in the allocations and profitability analytics space, including oil and gas, utilities, financial services, aviation, and technology across both the public and private sector. Russ advises on product direction, speaks with clients at technology- and industry-focused conferences, and provides strategic direction on high-profile enterprise performance management (EPM) engagements.
Russ has nearly two decades of international business experience related to enterprise performance management (EPM) and business process and systems reengineering. He has specific expertise with Hyperion Planning, Hyperion Profitability and Cost Management (HPCM) and Oracle Profitability and Cost Management Cloud Service (PCMCS), and SAP Profitability and Cost Management (PCM).
Throughout his career, Russ has:
- Led a functional and technical analysis of current-state shared service allocations, FAS 91 calculations, and product unit cost development for a cloud transformation engagement for a large international financial institution.
- Led the strategic analysis and cloud assessment phase for a large international airline looking to modernize its EPM platform, including a thorough current-state review, gap analysis, and North Star vision with recommended approaches.
- Led complex entity structures, account reconciliations and financial close procedures for close and consolidation implementations across multiple industries.
- Led a series of EPM initiatives for a technology company to improve visibility into product and customer profitability by revamping their allocation methodology and implementing a repeatable and defendable end-to-end allocation solution.
- Executed a large, multiyear, multipillar project that produced product unit rates for a banking industry client utilizing activity-based costing (ABC), shared services chargeback and time-driven principles that involved integrating hundreds of cost studies and different costing methodologies into the technology solution.
Prior to joining Huron, Russ was a senior managing consultant for IBM public sector consulting, where he was responsible for strategic clients, including the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services within the Department of Homeland Security. Prior to IBM, Russ was also the co-founder of Virtus Consulting Group, a cost, performance and budget management consultancy specializing in federal system implementations.
Russell holds a bachelor’s degree in computer information systems business administration from James Madison University. He is also a project management professional (PMP), an agile-certified scrum master (CSM) and a certified Oracle Cloud specialist.
Areas of Expertise
- Enterprise Performance Management
- Energy and Utilities
- Financial Services
- Public Sector
- Technology Media and Telecommunications
Education & Certifications
- BBA, James Madison University
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Agile-Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Certified Oracle Cloud Specialist
Learn more about Huron's experts.Learn More
Join Our Talent CommunityLearn More