Ryan McHughContact Ryan McHugh
Ryan has more than 16 years of experience helping higher education institutions strengthen their operations through business process reengineering, technology optimization efforts and the shift to shared services models.
Transformation is not a precise destination, but instead an informed, facilitated and measured journey. The art is balancing near-term demands with a long-term vision.”
Ryan is an enterprise resource planning (ERP) expert with nearly two decades of experience working with higher education institutions to reengineer their business processes, optimize administrative technology and adopt shared services models. He leads Huron’s Workday service delivery team and has managed more than 20 client ERP initiatives, implementing PeopleSoft and Workday solutions for human capital management (HCM), finance and supply chain (FSCM) and research administration.
Throughout his career, Ryan has:
- Led the HCM implementation and design of a human resources shared service center for a multicampus university system and academic health center with over 40,000 employees.
- Drafted the implementation charter, project plan, and key planning phase strategies for a financial and HCM system replacement planning project at a private East Coast university.
- Organized and led the post implementation stabilization, business process optimization and phase 2 go-live activities for an HCM execution for a large New England healthcare system.
- Created and deployed an enterprise shared service center for a major health system that was in the process of merging into a 35,000-employee organization.
Ryan is a frequent presenter at Higher Education and Healthcare Industry User Group conferences (HEUG and HIUG). He holds a Bachelor of Science in metallurgy and materials engineering from the Colorado School of Mines.
Areas of Expertise
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Student Information Systems
Education & Certifications
- B.S., Colorado School of Mines
Learn more about Huron's experts.Learn More
Join Our Talent CommunityLearn More