Vivek CherianContact Vivek Cherian
Vivek has more than 13 years of experience planning, implementing and optimizing enterprise solutions for both public and private research universities. He has specific expertise in cloud-driven business process transformation, service delivery design and change management.
Consulting is more than giving advice; it is developing a mutual trust and collaboration with a client to unravel complex processes, implement innovative solutions and redesign business processes to better align with the organization’s mission.”
Vivek has more than a decade of experience assisting colleges and universities in planning, designing and implementing enterprise resource planning (ERP) solutions across various business areas, including research administration, human capital management (HCM) and financials on PeopleSoft and Oracle Cloud platforms. He has worked with many of the top research institutions in the country to optimize business processes, service delivery design and change management.
Throughout his career, he has:
- Led a current-state assessment in an expedited timeline and developed a cloud implementation road map, including a high-level timeline, resource needs and a change management strategy for the cloud planning and software selection phases of a major West Coast private university.
- Served as the project manager at one of the largest Oracle Cloud Financials implementations in higher education at a major university located on the West Coast between 2018 and 2020. In this role, he oversaw the work across functional, technical, change management and cross-team workgroups and helped design the staffing plans, the project team and change networks structure, resource needs, and effort estimates.
- Led the implementation of Oracle Cloud Financials, Projects/Grants and HCM applications at a major southeastern research university, overseeing the overall solution implementation, business process transformation, testing and deployment across all functional areas. He supported every aspect of the program strategy, including configuration, process reengineering, testing, knowledge transfer, environment planning and cutover, working closely with the project management office (PMO) and executive sponsors.
Vivek is a frequent speaker at Alliance and Higher Education User Group (HEUG) conferences.
Vivek holds a Master of Science in management information systems from Texas A&M University and a bachelor’s degree in information technology engineering from the University of Mumbai.
Areas of Expertise
- Enterprise Resource Planning
Education & Certifications
- M.S., Texas A&M University
- Bachelor’s in Engineering, The University of Mumbai
Learn more about Huron's experts.Learn More
Join Our Talent CommunityLearn More