Craig has over 20 years of experience guiding banking and financial organizations through business restructurings, transformations and acquisitions as well as managing large portfolios, balancing risk with growth.
Transformation is continuous, iterative improvement that ends only when the client achieves a satisfactory balance.”
For more than 20 years, Craig has managed large portfolios — including asset-based lending, equipment finance, life sciences and real estate — and structured financial organizations to capture new business opportunities. He has extensive expertise in reporting, analytics and forecasting for diverse middle market portfolios. Craig has experience leading large teams through organizational change and improvement. He is an expert in corporate development and strategy, limit management, policy, regulatory relations and talent management.
Throughout his career, Craig has:
- Developed the first, second and third line of defense governance structure for a large holding company and restructured the governance of credit and the risk organization.
- Drafted and implemented policies and procedures across the risk spectrum, with a focus on credit and enterprise risk.
- Created efficiencies in areas such as credit approval automation, the exception tracking and tickler process, declination index, valuation, and financial statement analysis.
- Redesigned organizations to centralize and streamline operations: developing new reporting protocols for management and the board of directors, establishing infrastructure to centralize problem loan management, and implementing a uniform process for reporting, analytics and forecasting.
- Identified and managed efficiency and effectiveness efforts across a Fortune 1000 financial organization, saving nearly $29 million.
- Led the diligence and integration teams for the acquisition of a regional bank, totaling more than $10 billion in loans.
- Directed the centralization of problem loan management at a large New York-based holding company, streamlining and developing new reporting protocols for the board of directors.
- Managed credit and risk reporting teams and overhauled risk reporting, which enhanced transparency and risk identification through effective data governance, application development and more focused reporting.
Prior to Huron, Craig has served in multiple roles at CIT Group, including chief operating officer of risk, chief administrative officer of credit and senior vice president. He has also held the role of associate account executive at Bank of America/Wells Fargo. Craig was in the U.S. Navy, where he achieved two Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medals.
Areas of Expertise
- Budgeting and Financial Management
- Regulatory and Compliance
- Change Management and Leadership
- Organizational Design and Alignment
- Business Intelligence and Analytics
- Financial Services
Education & Certifications
- B.A., University of Maryland, College Park
- United States Naval Academy