Tim VaioContact Tim Vaio
Tim draws upon more than 30 years of experience in business operations as he leads clients through information technology initiatives, supply chain management, and enterprise transformation. He helps higher education institutions, healthcare payors and providers, and life sciences organizations improve cost structure, respond to market trends, increase companywide capabilities, and drive performance improvement.
During transformation initiatives, my team and I become assets to our clients, helping them anticipate and navigate challenges and exceed the expected benefits.”
Tim brings decades of expertise in business process improvement, technology enablement and optimization, operational excellence, and program management and delivery, helping organizations transform their supply chain management and enterprisewide information systems and business processes.
Tim has experience in a range of implementation and technology delivery methodologies and post-go-live production support. He works with healthcare payors and providers, higher education institutions, and life sciences organizations to develop the best approach to enable and optimize large-scale enterprise information systems capabilities. Tim’s cross-functional knowledge, including finance, human resources, supply chain, transformation, IT, and securities and controls, enables him to help clients strategize organizationwide.
Throughout his career, Tim has:
- Led a global enterprisewide systems replacement initiative for a North American food manufacturer, identifying over $40 million in savings over five years in supply chain management, internal operations, and order management.
- Led the enterprisewide business systems transformation initiative for a national nonprofit healthcare provider, delivering the implementation of a single-instance, enterprise resource planning (ERP) solution across the organization, resulting in $2 billion in benefits.
- Led the development of an enterprise resource planning (ERP) optimization and expansion effort and implementation of a 12-to-24-month strategic road map for improvement at a nonprofit community health system, leading to improved growth in supply chain and human capital management through acquisition.
Prior to Huron, Tim served as a managing director at KMPG. He held leadership roles at healthcare, consulting, and commercial sector organizations, including Piedmont Healthcare, Gap Inc., Kaiser Permanente, and Hitachi Consulting.
Tim earned his Bachelor of Science in business administration from The Ohio State University and his Master of Business Administration from the University of Nevada. He completed Harvard University’s Executive Leadership Program.
Tim is the head of junior development in the Western region for the nonprofit USA Water Ski.
Areas of Expertise
- Advisory Services
- Data Management and Analytics
- Enterprise Resource Planning
- Performance Improvement
- Life Sciences
Education & Certifications
- MBA, University of Nevada
- BSBA, The Ohio State University
- Executive Leadership Program, Harvard University
Learn more about Huron's experts.Learn More
Join Our Talent CommunityLearn More